Friday, March 29, 2013

OK, fine...I like these guys

Every once in a while I see a band that surprises the hell out of me.  I had never heard of BloodNStuff before I saw them last summer.  My friend's neighbor is in an industrial steampunk metal band and he assured us that we were in for a treat.  As I had never met my friend's neighbor before that particular day, and the fact he was in an industrial steampunk metal band, I would be lying if I didn't say part of me thought his opinion might be suspect.

Turns out he was 100% correct.

This scruffy little Minneapolis two piece proceeded to blow my doors off.  Most folks nowdays think "Two piece....hmm, probably a White Stripes\Black Keys thing".  Nope.  BloodNStuff has more in common with Rush than those two admirable duos.  Thick layers of intricate riffs and precision drumming wrap around the lyrics of a powerful vocalist that may just be realizing that he is actually a powerful vocalist.

Last summer they were playing in a tent at a local brewery.  Currently they are on the road playing shows with Fu Manchu and Alice in Chains.

Check em out

No comments: